I need reading glasses. And I don't want to use them in the field.

Answers to common questions.
bruce@handylogic.ca
Site Admin

I need reading glasses. And I don't want to use them in the field.

Post by bruce@handylogic.ca » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 am

We use large fonts on all of our screens to make them easier to read, especially in bright conditions that can wash out the display. There are also a few options for enhancing the Map page:
  1. Under the 'Map Page Settings' option in Trail Boss's Settings page you can adjust the 'Map Text Size' to 'Large' or 'Huge'.
  2. Under the 'Map Page Settings' option in Trail Boss's Settings page you can enable 'Map Magnifier'. Then when you are on the Map page you can long press the screen to activate the magnifier glass. Drag it around to magnify what you want, tap it to dismiss.
  3. Use the 'High Contrast Streets' or 'High Contrast Topographic' maps. These settings are found at the top of Trail Boss's Settings page.
  4. You can choose a larger font on the Dashboard page. First, add the items that you view most often to the Favorites section at the top of the Dashboard page. To add an item to Favorites tap it and select 'Add To Favorites'. Then make the Favorites font larger by tapping the A+/- button at the left side of the Favorites title bar.