Can I backup my trips?

Answers to common questions.
bruce@handylogic.ca
Site Admin

Can I backup my trips?

Post by bruce@handylogic.ca » Sat May 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Yes.

The easiest way to do this is to use Trail Boss's 'Backup Trips & Placemarks' option under 'General Maintenance' in Trail Boss's Settings page. This option creates a file that contains all your trips and placemarks. You then have the option to email the file or save it directly to cloud storage (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive).

If you use the email option then email the backup file to yourself and leave it in your email inbox for safe keeping. To restore it, open the email on your phone and tap the backup file attachment. Then select Trail Boss and the backup will be imported into Trail Boss.

To use a cloud storage service such as Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive you must first install their App on your phone. After Trail Boss creates the backup file you can select to copy it to their App and it will be uploaded to their server. To restore the backup, open their App and select the backup file. Select the option to share/open the file and select Trail Boss. The backup will be imported into Trail Boss.

The backup can be restored to any device where you have Trail Boss installed. You can use backups to copy your trips to a new phone or sync your trips with other phones or ipads.

Another option for backing up your trips is to rely on Apple's iTunes/iCloud App backups.